I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 7 July 2014

#ModernTempted... Sex, Lies & Her Impossible Boss - Jennifer Rae



Sex, Lies & Her Impossible Boss - Jennifer Rae
Mills & Boon Modern Tempted
Harlequin UK, 2014
ISBN: 9781472017642












My rating





From the back cover:


"‘There’s no such thing as “just sex”, Cash.’
When the new boss of Faith Harris’s TV station, the famously ruthless and annoyingly gorgeous Cash Anderson, tells her he’ll be cancelling her sex and relationships show she knows she’s in for a fight. She’s worked her silk-clad butt off to get her high ratings, and no man’s going to take them away from her – however hot under the collar he secretly gets her…
But sugar’s better than vinegar any day, so Faith decides to prove to Cash just how meaningful her show really is. The only trouble is, it’s also rather…risqué. And there was enough chemistry between them even before Faith set about proving just how riveting sex can be…!"



I really enjoyed this book, my first from Jennifer Rae. And let me tell you, I was really happy throughout reading this book as it is everything I want and hope to get from the Modern Tempted/KISS line.

The book is capital H hot - I could actually feel my cheeks heating up at certain moments, and my eyebrows wrinkle-inducing-high at others! The story has a lot of fun and quirk included and it is all wrapped up in quite a lovely little love story.

The heroine hosts her own sex and relationships show - great idea although on a few occasions I couldn't quite get the image of the show being a bit like Eurotrash (remember that show?!) out of my head. What I liked most about Faith was that she was so determined to stick up fro herself and prove that she had created something worthwhile whilst showing the narrow minded hero that he was wrong, wrong, wrong about her!

Loved reading the slow build up to their eventual relationship... you know what was really great about this story? The hero and heroine actually spent a lot of time together! A romance novel revelation.

Both Faith and Cash have been hurt by relationships in the past, and Jennifer Rae uses these hurts well. OK, a little more time could have been spent delving a little deeper and exploring this, and had this been a straight up Modern/Presents book then I would have expected that but for the story as it was, I think the balance was just right.

There is an awesome amount of push/pull between Faith and Cash and plenty of sexual tension to keep you interested, trust me. Plus the weird, wacky, and wonderful world of sexual exploration is fabulous to read!

Great job!

Xx



With thanks to Flo and the Modern Tempted team at Romance HQ. Sorry I'm so late at posting this review ;-).



No comments:

Post a Comment