I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Book Review... Time to Let Go - Alison Fraser


Time to Let Go - Alison Fraser
Mills & Boon Romance
Mills & Boon, 1990
ISBN: 9780263768930












My rating




From the back cover:

"I'm sure if we had...um...met, I would certainly have remembered you.
The man was unstoppable! First he'd unashamedly assumed that Sara and he must have been on intimate terms, and now - that misunderstanding having been sorted out - he confidently expected she'd make up the numbers on this bedpost yet. If it wasn't for young Scott, Sara would have told Neville Dryden what he could do with his notches.
She'd been in an emotional deep freeze for three years, and she needed a lot more than the warmth of Nevilles careless actor's charm to bring about the thaw..."


This is a book from my oldie pile; I really love these older ones as they are very ‘classic’ in style.

The few books I have read from Alison Fraser, all enjoyable, have included heroines with careers that actually require devotion, and that is the case again in this book with the heroine being a Social Worker – very unusual, and un-glamorous for a romance novel! I really like this as it adds a bit of reality into these books that they are sometimes lacking, if you know what I mean.

Throughout the book, I really didn’t know what to make of the hero; he is both infuriatingly arrogant and completely charming. Even without his POV, I could tell that he had fallen head over heels for the heroine yet couldn’t work up the courage to show her. Oh, sigh!

The heroine’s grief over the loss of her husband felt real and is dealt with well, it was a nice detail that the hero felt like he could never live up to the legacy of the heroines late husband. It was refreshing to read a book where it is the hero who has the insecurities over the development of the relationship.

Alison Fraser has written a poignant, emotional and beautiful book that is about moving on and opening your heart.

A lovely read.

Xx

1 comment:

  1. I have this on my TBR. Might put it up a notch or two. Thanks for the Review

    ReplyDelete