I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Book Review... Runaway Fiancée - Sally Wentworth


Runaway Fiancee - Sally Wentworth
Mills & Boon Presents
Harlequin Mills & Boon, 1998
ISBN: 9780263807387












My rating




From the back cover:

"Bring Back My Bride!
It should have been the wedding of the year...Instead, his beautiful fiancee was in another country, celebrating her engagement to another man - and she had no memory of ever agreeing to marry Milo Caine!
It had taken him a year to track her down. Now Milo just had to find out why Paige had run away one week before their wedding - and to convince her that he was the man who should be exchanging vows and cutting the cake with her!"



This book certainly starts with a bang, and the heroine is spectacular right from the start. She has such a feisty personality and is written brilliantly throughout. It would have been so easy to have the heroine as the ‘victim’ but the author stayed well away from this – although she had been like that in the past so it was a nice touch to have her finally found her backbone.

I like the hero also; the author didn’t hold him back from acting and reacting badly to towards the heroine, but at the same time he was also a very tender character.

With the amnesia trope there is always the risk of walking down cliché avenue, but here the author doesn’t stick too fiercly to this theme and instead makes it a bit more gritty.

I felt for both the hero and heroine, I wanted them to make their own way after having so mnuch of their lives planned out. The love between the hero and heroine is lovely, sweet and passionate.

This is an emotional book, but also quite fun. I really enjoyed it!


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment