I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Book Review... The Price of Retribution - Sara Craven


The Price of Retribution - Sara Craven
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263891096












My rating




From the back cover:

"Hell hath no fury...
To Tarn Desmond family is everything. So when merciless tycoon Caspar Brandon all but destroys her sweet sister, Tarn is determined to make this notorious playboy pay...
Caz is intrigued by the pure beauty of the new girl in his office - no one has ever said no to him before, and if anything that's just doubled his ruthless desire for her! 
As Tarn sinks deeper into her deception her resolve falters under Caz's sensual onslaught. She hasn't banked on revenge costing her the ultimate price: her heart...and her body!"


I love the revenge trope… and I love Sara Craven books. This book only needed pages and I was pretty sure I would like it! Add in the fact that this is a reverse revenge plot (heroine wanting revenge against the hero) makes it even better. What a book this is.

The prologue being ‘now’ and the story then recapping what had happened is a neat little trick to really hook you in right from the start.

Sara Craven weaves a tale that is full of emotion, mystery, passion and betrayal. The POV is a little random in places, it had a bit from the hero at the beginning but that dropped off eventually. It didn’t make the story any less enjoyable though.

I was desperate to find out the real story behind what the heroine believed had happened, I couldn’t stop reading and it kept you guessing throughout.

Oh. The love story between the hero and heroine is simply awesome – real, emotional, strained amd the conflict is simply spectacular.

A brilliant, dramatic book… a great example of why Sara Craven is still one of the best Modern/Presents authors out there.

Loved it.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment