I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 6 September 2012

Book Review... One Night With The Enemy - Abby Green


One Night With The Enemy - Abby Green
Mills & Boon Modern 
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263891010











My rating

From the back cover:

"In Argentina’s breathtaking vineyards… 
Nicolás de Rojas and Madalena Vasquez had a stolen affair amongst the Mendozan vineyards – until Maddie discovered a devastating secret about Nic, and left without another word. 
He will have her once again! 
Now Maddie is back, having inherited her family’s struggling vineyard, and she’s at Nic’s mercy – right where he wants her. He’s one of Argentina’s most successful vintners, and Maddie desperately needs Nic’s help. But will she agree to his condition? One exquisite night with him … to finish what they started eight years ago …"


Abby Green’s books are always fraught with tension and passion and that is exactly the kind of story you get here!

The depth of feeling between the hero and heroine is incredible; intense, emotional, a little dark and sad. Abby has written this book with the perfect blend of love and hate, and I couldn’t get enough of it. She does a brilliant job of weaving in the backstory without distracting from the present, in fact it makes the whole story even more rich.

The Romeo & Juliet theme is done with relish and with the revenge theme added in just makes this even more wonderful. The story keeps you guessing, and hooked throughout.

With eye-popping passion and edge-of-seat tension, this is not to be missed. Exactly the kind of Modern/Presents I like best.

Loved it!


Xx

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! I bought it this week. Cant wait to read it :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tash!

      You'll love it, I'm sure. But let me know what you think :-)

      Xx

      Delete
    2. Hi :) I did, I loved it! Definitely another reason she's on my "must buy" list and I wouldnt hesitate in recommending it to anyone else. I see you've given the Sara Craven book a 5 star too so I'm going to add that to my list when it's out here :)))

      Delete