I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 27 September 2012

Book Review... Brittle Bondage - Anne Mather


Brittle Bondage - Anne Mather
Mills & Boon Romance
Mills & Boon, 1994
ISBN: 9780263786149












My rating




From the back cover:

"'I want a divorce, Ben. I've met someone else and we want to get married.'
Rachel's marriage had ended in bitterness and recrimination. Ben had been unfaithful to her and had tried to lie his way out of trouble. Two years later the dust had begun to settle and their only point of contact was their small daughter, Daisy. 
And that was the way Rachel wanted it now that Simon had entered her life. It didn't occur to her that Ben might have other views on the matter."


I have read quite a few of Anne Mather’s books and found them all enjoyable. No difference for this book, I liked it… but I don’t think it quite lived up to its potential.

One thing I have noticed from this author is that her books often have a nice level of maturity in the story and older (than usual) characters. I like that about them.

This is a reunion story; the hero and heroine are separated after a rather bitter end to their marriage. I could tell straight away that the hero was still desperately in love with the heroine and couldn’t bear to let her go. I would really like to have had his POV included. The heroine came across as a bit of a shrew at times, I didn’t always warm to her.

This is a sweet and passionate reunion story with lots of emotion. However with the title ‘Brittle Bondage’ I thought it would be more brooding, more dark even. The story dragged in places and the heroine’s neediness just became frustrating.

Overall though, this is a nice, enjoyable book.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment