I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 23 July 2012

Book Review... All That Mullarkey - Sue Moorcroft


All That Mullarkey - Sue Moorcroft
Choc Lit, 2010
ISBN: 9781906931247













My rating




From the back cover:

"Revenge and love: it 's a thin line The writing 's on the wall for Cleo and Gav. The bedroom wall, to be precise. And it says This marriage is over. Wounded and furious, Cleo embarks on a night out with the girls, which turns into a glorious one night stand with Justin, centrefold material and irrepressibly irresponsible. He loves a little wildness in a woman and he 's in the right place at the right time to enjoy Cleo s.But it 's Cleo who has to pick up the pieces of a marriage based on a lie and the lasting repercussions of that night. Torn between laid-back Justin and control freak Gav, she 's a free spirit that life is trying to tie down. But the rewards are worth it"


I picked this one up on the strength that I really enjoyed the last book by Sue Moorcroft I read (Starting Over), and out of the three books I have read from Choc Lit publishing I haven't met one I didn't like!

The story starts with a bang - with the heroine being left by her unpredictable husband after a silly argument, she then goes out a meets a really nice guy and ends up having a one night stand with him.

A really unexpected, and brave, opening and it is played out wonderfully. The author neither condones nor makes light of her character's actions, and excuses aren't made either. Instead the journey the characters go on include coming to terms with the consequences, and there are many, of their actions.

The book is full of highs and lows, ups and downs, reconciliation and break-ups, and everything all over again! It really keeps you on your toes whilst reading.

This is almost, to me, like an 'anti-romance' and it feels raw and real. The characters just couldn't get it together, in the relationship sense and other, and, you know, that's life!

When the HEA does finally happen you really feel like it's deserved, that the hero and heroine have worked for it, and it isn't twee or contrived in any way.

Lovely. Highly entertaining.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment