I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Book Review... The Darkest of Secrets - Kate Hewitt


The Darkest of Secrets - Kate Hewitt
Mills & Boon Modern
Harlequin UK, 2012
ISBN: 9780263890723












My rating




From the back cover:

"The high price of buried secrets
Khalis Tannous has spent years ruthlessly eradicating every hint of corruption and scandal from his life – even shunning his own family.When Grace Turner arrives at Khalis’s private Mediterranean island to view his family’s stolen collection of priceless art, even he isn’t blind to her beauty. 
Yet he recognises the shadows in her eyes – she too has her secrets. Grace can foresee the cost of giving in to temptation, but is helpless to resist Khalis’s slow, determined seduction. But will she risk everything she has for a night in his bed?"


I almost didn't read this book... but I am so glad I did as this book is simply brilliant.

The hero has to be one of the best heroes I have read in a very long time! He is so open and loving towards the heroine, and not at all cruel and domineering. I can't tell you how great it is to read a hero who is not just interested in some casual brief fling with the heroine (or any other woman that croses his path!).

This is certainly a risky book, some readers probably won't like the heroines past actions, but I applaud Kate Hewitt for doing something different. I liked that she didn't resort to having her heroine make excuses for her behaviour, instead she owned up to her faults and accepted the consequences.

I tire of reading about lily-white heroines, we're none of us perfect, so for me this book was very refreshing.

This book is packed full of angst and emotion, centred around a beautiful and engaging love story that almost had me in tears, of both joy and sadness.

The writing is flawless and evocative, I was especially drawn to the depth to which the author describes the heroine relating to the myth of 'Leda and the Swan'. This book sucks you in wholly and doesn't rush towards and unnecessarily 'perfect' ending.

I loved it.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment