I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Thursday 16 February 2012

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... Book #321


Mine Until Morning - Samantha Hunter
Harlequin Blaze
Harlequin, 2011
ISBN: 9780373796243

N.B. This is a North American release.










My rating




From the back cover:

"Tessa Rose is intoxicating to bodyguard Jonas Berringer. But not simply because she has an intimate knowledge of aphrodisiac scents. Nor is it because she's forbidden fruit: a client, the boss's daughter. Though both things help.... 
But Jonas thinks he has nothing to offer Tessa, not after a moment of lost focus costs Jonas his sight. But when Tessa and Jonas find themselves alone during a blackout, they discover endless temptations in the dark. Until morning, they'll just have to trust their other, heightened senses to see them through...."


I have had this book on my recommendations list for ages, but it has not yet been released over here. Samantha Hunter very kindly sent me over a copy - Thank you so much, Sam!

The hero Jonas is still struggling to come to terms with his recent, albeit temporary, blindness when he is visited by the heroine Tessa. Jonas was injured whilst employed to protect Tessa, but their mutual attraction for one another caused him to be distracted on the job. He blames himself for everything, but is also angry at Tessa as he believes she was using him. Tessa wants to make it up to him but Jonas refuses, and this hurts her as she really thought that they had something together. When a storm hits causing a blackout over the city, Jonas has to call Tessa for help - and they end up helping each other as well as finally acting on the passion between them. They each know there is more between them than just lust, but Jonas thinks he has nothing to offer Tessa, as well as the fact that he knows she will feel betrayed when she finds out the real reason he is there.

Once I got over my initial shock that the characters were already having sex only 10 pages in (don't worry, it was a dream! Even Blaze's don't move that fast!), I really enjoyed this book. I was intrigued by the idea of the blind hero, and thought this was executed really well - the descriptions of the hero's other heightened senses were very evocative. I especially want some of that honey dust now - for my skin, not for anything else, you understand! I'll be honest and say that I could have done without the hero's recovery happening that very same night - it is a little bit cheesy.
As expected there is a lot of sizzle in this book, and it works! Although, the scene in the subway car was a little, er, icky and I found it a bit uncomfortable to read.

The story is fast paced with a nice blend of fun, emotion, and angst. Well worth a read.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment