I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 29 February 2012

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... Book #341


For Lust or Money - Kate Hoffmann
Mills & Boon Blaze
Harlequin Mills & Boon, 2008
ISBN: 9780263867244 (2-in-1 edition)
eISBN: 9781408900291 (singular ebook edition)










My rating




From the back cover:

"Temptation is timeless! 
Lottery-winning cameraman Zach Haas has always wanted to make movies. And with his newfound wealth, his dream is finally within reach. Now all he needs is the inspiration. Yet when he meets actress Kelly Castelle, he’s more than inspired – he’s aching with desire…but she’s ten years older than him! 
Nevertheless, Kelly is more than happy to embark on a wild, reckless fling with the sexy younger man. However, as their smouldering affair deepens, could the passion they share be powerful enough to stand the test of time?"


This is another purchase from the kindle store sale. I have read quite a few of Kate Hoffmann's Blaze's in the past and I like her style so I thought I would give this one a go.

The heroine Kelly is a struggling actress and arrives on the set of a TV show to film a segment on younger man/older woman relationships. She catches the eye of cameraman Zach, the hero, whom finds Kelly totally alluring. She gorgeous and also modest, but the fact that it's life imitating art with Zach being ten years younger makes Kelly wary. Knowing that, perhaps, she is a little too old for such casual relationships doesn't stop Kelly from responding to Zach's attentions. Zach starts out not wanting anything serious, not only does he have a lot going on in his life at the moment but he has been burned by love in the past. However, their hot and heavy fling quickly turns into much more but neither of them know if they are read to give up the things they would need to in order to be together, and their age difference is sometimes too obvious to ignore.

I was expecting a bit more from this book, but it ended up feeling a little flat. I was intrigued by the idea of the age difference relationship, and in general I have nothing against older woman/younger man ones but in this book the hero at twenty-four is just far too young to be believable (in my opinion anyway).
As expected from a Blaze there is plenty of steaminess, but after the first love scene everything, including the plot, seemed to lose it's way and it dragged towards to the end.

Overall not a bad story, but not quite all it could be.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment