I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 16 January 2012

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... Book #286


Having the Billionaire's Baby - Sandra Hyatt
Mills & Boon Desire 2-in-1
Harlequin Mills & Boon, 2010
ISBN: 9780263881837











My rating




This is the second book in the Desire 2-in-1, as above.

The heroine Callie and the hero Nick spend a night together, but Callie flees the next morning when she discovers exactly who Nick is. They met at the wedding of Callie's business partner, who is also her ex-fiance. Callie had spent the whole wedding convincing herself she needs to live in the now, hence the one-night stand. However, she didn't realise that Nick was the bride's brother, or that he is her company's newest client. She tries to forget about Nick, but finds it difficult especially as their one-night has left her pregnant. Nick has been searching for Callie as he has not been able to get her out of his mind, but he has had no luck finding her. His sister asks Nick to check out her new husband's business partner, as she is jealous, and Nick is delighted to discover it's Callie. He ends up taking over his brother-in-law's side of the business with Callie, and he hopes to explore what is between them. But Callie needs to prove that she can be independent and turns him down. However when Nick finds out about the pregnancy he sees this as his chance to get what he wants.

This is a well written and interesting book, I enjoyed it. The relationship between the hero and heroine is very sweet and there is plenty of chemistry. Their story is told well and is very engaging, as well as believable. The conflict and the story is a little 'well-used' but it is executed well and the story feels very modern.
This is my first Sandra Hyatt book (I believe this was also her first book) and I really enjoyed it, I will look to read her other books in the future. Sadly she passed away last year, I'm sure she will be greatly missed.  RIP.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment