I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 7 November 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #202



Touch of Fire - Joanna Neil
Mills & Boon Romance
Mills & Boon, 1992
ISBN: 9780263777307






My rating




From the back cover:

"'You owe me,' said Rees.
Whenever Katherine and Rees met, her foot seemed to go straight into her mouth and stay there. She was constantly on the defensive: he was always right and she was always wrong. What was it about the man that made her behave in this way? After all, she didn't even like him."



So, this is another oldie I found on my shelf.

The heroine Katherine and the hero Rees meet in what can only be described as a comedy of errors and they end up having a rather big disagreement. This is only made worse when Katherine realises that Rees is the owner of the estate that she and a friend are holding a charity event on, Rees is not happy to return home to find this. However despite the almost constant antagonism between them it's also clear that they desire one another. As the days go by Katherine finds herself having to spend more and more time with Rees, which she finds increasingly uncomfortable. Rees tries to pursue Katherine but every time they begin to get closer something happens to pull them apart and it seems like they will never get a chance to be together.

This is a very simple yet entertaining book, and I enjoyed it. I really liked that the heroine was trying to show the heroine that he cared for her and wanted to be with her but due to various events he was only left frustrated. I always like a good comedy of errors and this is a very entertaining element in this book. Although it wasn't until the closing chapters that I realised what the hero was trying to do, so having his POV would have made this book less one-sided. The almost constant bickering between the hero and heroine got a little tedious after a while though.

But, this is a well written book with a sweet love-story.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment