I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Upfront Centre Stage on it's New Voices journey...




As we gradually near the time when the top twenty of New Voices 2011 is announced I wanted to do a quick post about my experience.

If you don't already know I have entered, with my rock star heroine story, and I have been really blown away by the level of support I have received from the romance community.

Loads of my lovely twitter followers/followees, who are also aspiring romance writers, have taken the time to read and comment on my entry, which I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I have also had four incredibly talented Mills & Boon authors read and comment. Thank you Maisey Yates, Aimee Carson, Leah Ashton and Heidi Rice, your feedback and support is very much appreciated.

The fact that the comments have mostly been positive fills me with great pride as well. Obviously I am a realist and I know that with over 1000 entries the chances for mine are very slim, especially as there are some fantastic entries out there, but the whole experience has given me great confidence to plow on and get my story completed and submit it. And, for me that's the whole point. Even the "rose bombing" 10% drop in my rating over 24 hours didn't dampen my spirits, it's truly been a fun experience and I have learnt a lot

Good luck to all of you entering, it's not easy to put your work out there for ANYONE to see, so I salute to you all.



Now that my story has got 'out there' I have some blog posts planned for more details on my inspiration, hero, heroine, research, extracts, etc, so watch this space.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment