I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Tuesday 23 August 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #150



St Piran's: Prince on the Children's Ward - Sarah Morgan
Mills and Boon Medical
Harlequin UK, 2011
ISBN: 9780263885941





My rating





From the back cover:

"For children's doctor Tasha O'Hara it seems bad things do happen in threes...
1) Her new job is looking after a sinfully gorgeous Mediterranean prince, injured in a polo match.
2) Prince Alessandro Cavalieri is also the incorrigible heartbreaker she once threw away any shred of dignity for...and still can't think about without blushing!
3) His definition of No Physical Activity definitely goes against doctor's orders...and it's becoming impossible for Tasha not to succumb to temptation!
Alessandro couldn't be more wrong for her...but three wrongs could make the biggest right of all!
St Piran's Hospital Where every drama has a dreamy doctor...and a happy ending"



I don't read many books from the Medical line, for some reason they don't appeal to me, which is odd since two of my favourite TV shoes are 'Casualty' and 'ER'! However, the lovely Sarah Morgan sent me this book a couple of months back, so I wanted to read it. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it, yey!

The heroine Tasha is a rather outspoken paediatrician who, after a showdown with her boss, finds herself out of work. Her brother Josh offers her the chance to care for a friend of his while she is looking for another job. When Tasha finds out the patient is Prince Alessandro, the hero, she is reluctant but agrees. Tasha and Alessandro share a history; when he had visited her brother many years back Tasha had developed a huge crush on him, but he turned down her advances and she was left feeling humiliated. Tasha decides to use his injury to her advantage and make him squirm. Until they meet again and she realises that she is still very attracted to him. Alessandro is impatient and sick of his injury causing him to rest all the time, which has lead to him dwelling on the new pressures in his life as well as his many regrets. Having Tash care for him isn't helping either, as not only does he regret how much he hurt her in the past but also fiercely desires her. Meanwhile, two other characters, Josh and Megan, are trying to build a relationship with each other despite their shared past hurts.

I really loved Tasha and Alessandro's story, I actually couldn't put this book down. I was sceptical at first as I have never really enjoyed Medical's before, but this one really proved me wrong. I loved how Alessandro's character had a wonderful 'normal person' quality despite his status as a prince, it definitely makes him more believable. Tasha is a brilliant heroine; feisty, intelligent, independent and sensitive all at the same time. Sarah Morgan has a real talent when it comes to writing interesting and believable characters. The love-story is written beautifully, I couldn't help but smile about it.
The book is part of the 'St Piran's' mini-series, however the book does stand alone fine (I haven't read any of the others). But, there is a sub plot of Josh and Megan's story, which as I understand runs through all of the books in the series. This sub plot is absolutely heartbreaking, it is left unfinished though and I am so intrigued that I will be looking out for future books with their story.

Last of all a huge THANK YOU to Sarah Morgan. For both sending me this book and for changing my mind on Medical's!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment