I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Wednesday 10 August 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #136



To Tame her Tycoon Lover - Ann Major
Mills and Boon Desire 2-in-1
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2010
ISBN: 9780263881745






My rating






From the back cover:

"As a girl from the wrong side of the bayou, Cici Bellefleur had loved one Claiborne brother...and been romanced by the other. Foolishly, she'd given Logan her innocence only to learn his seduction was but a means to an end. It was a betrayal she'd never forget--or forgive.
Discovering Cici had returned caught Logan by surprise...as did learning his desire for her had not diminished with time. Years before, he'd led her on to keep her away from his twin brother. Yet now the tycoon vowed to have Cici once again...this time to please no one but himself."



This is the second book in the Desire 2-in-1, as above. I didn't really enjoy this one.

The heroine Cici has come back to her home for the first time in nine years where she has reconciled with the grandfather of the hero Logan. Nine years ago Logan had seduced Cici in order to stop his brother pursuing her as she was considered unsuitable for his upper class family. Logan had then dumped her, leaving Cici heartbroken. When Logan hears of her return he thinks she is up to something and resents her new found friendship with his grandfather. But sparks still fly between them when they meet again, and Logan can't help but be drawn to her. He still sees her as unsuitable for his conservative life and Cici can never forget what she went through after he dumped her. But they eventually succumb to their desire and begin to get to know one another, realising they have always been in love. But with their past betrayals and hurts it's unlikely they can have a future.

I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't warm to it. The plot idea and the back story of the relationship between the hero and heroine are interesting but the details and execution of the book is not good. On many of my past reviews I have spoken about how much I hate books that contain any form of infidelity/cheating, well unfortunately we have it in this book, twice. When the hero first slept with the heroine he was engaged and when they sleep together again he has a long term partner he plans to marry. This killed it for me I'm afraid! I also felt the miscarriage wasn't dealt with enough sensitivity and the whole class divide stuff really got annoying.

Disappointing.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment