I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Sunday 7 August 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #129












Under His Skin - Jeanie London
Harlequin Blaze
Reprinted in 'Rugged Rebels' Mills and Boon Special Releases
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263889444




My rating



From the back cover:

"How does an indecent proposal fit into a simple business plan?
Anthony DiLeo is about to find out. When he approaches Tess Hardaway with an idea to benefit both their companies, she counters with an unexpected—and thoroughly steamy—suggestion. A proposition that involves the two of them getting to know each other in the most intimate way!"



I have the Special Releases omnibus, as above, on my kindle and this is the second book. This is an OK read.

The heroine Tess is the daughter of a well known and successful car dealership owner, and she is also a classic car enthusiast. During a classic car convention her company is sponsoring she meets the hero Anthony. Anthony presents a business proposal to her, something he has been working on for many months and is proud of. He finds Tess alluring but knows he has to keep everything professional. Tess is also attracted to Anthony as well as disappointed that yet another man is using her to get to her father. Tess has also been dealing with letter threats against her family as well as a family friend who won't take no for an answer. As part of the convention there is a cross country rally and when her partner pulls out she asks Anthony to come along with her. He agrees and they being a hot and heavy affair, which quickly turns into something deeper. But along with their new feelings they also have to deal with the threat that seems to be following them.

Although this is quite a fun read at the beginning, I do feel it changed it's direction about halfway through that didn't really work. This is one half romantic comedy and one half action movie, it felt a little forced. I liked the hero and heroine as characters and the dialogue between them is really spunky and enjoyable. The passion is also extra-steamy, as expected from a Blaze.
I'm not really into cars and I felt there was too much detail about cars, and engines, and races, and paint work etc! To be honest, I found it rather boring but that's just me.

Overall this is an OK read.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment