I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Saturday 16 July 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #105



Dating and Other Dangers - Natalie Anderson
Mills and Boon RIVA
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263883855






My rating





From the back cover:

"Nadia Keenan’s first date Dos and Don’ts:
1. Do boost your confidence by looking hot
2. Don’t put out until at least date two
3. If the man is trouble (however sexy!) do report all on www.WomanBWarned.com
After being trashed on Nadia’s website, serial dater-and-dumper Ethan Rush is about to put Nadia’s rules to the test! He’s determined to change her mind about him. She’s determined to prove him for the cad he is. Let the battle of the dates begin..."



Natalie Anderson contacted me a little while back, offering to send me this book to review, ironically that very same day my husband bought this for me as a gift. I promised I would move this straight to the top of my TBR pile, which I did. Sorry it's taken me so long to post the review... I'm very behind on posting! Another fantastic book by Natalie!

The heroine Nadia runs a dating 'advice' website and forum. After an upsetting incident in her past she wishes to be able to help women avoid encounters that may leave them heartbroken or worse. When the hero Ethan finds out he has been shamed on the forum and called 'three dates and your out' he is furious. He tracks Nadia down and demands she take the thread down, even when he threatens legal action she still refuses and Ethan can't help but admire her determination. So instead he challenges her to go on three dates with him to prove he is not the womaniser he's been reported as. During these dates both Nadia and Ethan are surprised at how much they desire one another and despite each of their attempts to stick to their 'rules' they can't help by give in to their desires.

What I like about Natalie's books is that they are always very forward thinking and modern, this is certainly the case with this fabulous book.
The verbal (and virtual) sparring from the two characters is brilliant, at times I couldn't help but laugh! There was so much chutzpah in these characters, I thought they were fantastic. I liked that the book was so honest about all the games people play in relationships and how, really, we should just stop playing these games and realise how damaging they can be. The story is very original and fun and I really loved reading it.

The writing is spectacular, and as expected from Natalie's books the passion is scorching. Although the use of the phrase "bliss button" did have me cringing a bit! LOL!

A fabulous read.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment