I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Friday 15 July 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #99



Molly Copper's Dream Date - Barbara Hannay
Mills and Boon RIVA
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263883718





My rating





From the back cover:

"Mollys Diary April 10th
'So, Ive finally done it. Ive house-swapped my little cottage in Australia for a snazzy bachelor pad in Chelsea. I cant wait to explore London. Most of all I'm hoping to meet my dream man, my secret fantasy: a perfect English gentleman. Though I'm starting to wonder whether Patrick, my house-swapper, might actually be HIM!' Is that ridiculous? We've been e-mailing and he sounds HOT! Oh, hang on, theres another e-mail now cant wait to find out what Patricks been up to'
What do you do when you realise the one you want is half a world away living in your home, sleeping in your bed?"



Another Glastonbury Festival read! I think I read this one whilst having a mid morning rest in my tent. I really liked this book.

The heroine Molly lives alone on a small Australian island, after her grandmothers death she feels a bit lost and dreams of visiting London and meeting a true British gentleman. Persuaded by a friend, Molly decides to advertise for a home swap and this is picked up by the hero Patrick. Patrick is an overworked city banker in desperate need of a break with plans to write a book. When he comes across Molly's advert, quite by accident, he knows now is his chance and upon arriving he sees Molly's island home as paradise! Molly feels much the same way about London and has a great time exploring the city, but she doesn't find that dashing man! Throughout their time in each others homes Molly and Patrick stay in contact by regular emails to each other and really get to know one another as much as they can by letter. When Patrick returns to London for his mothers wedding he is intrigued and wants to meet Molly, but he is worried that she would feel awkward.

This is such a great book. The plotline is so original that I was dubious at first, with the hero and heroine on different sides of the world for the majority of the book I was wondering how it would work [as a romance]. But it works brilliantly, by having the relationship develop by getting to know one another distantly rather than physically it really adds another dimension to their romance. Another original element is the narrative, it's so different to the standard, here we get narrative as well as journal entries and emails, I loved it! It's certainly a brave move but totally worth it.

This is a fun and sweet romance that had me hooked from the start and left me with a warm feeling inside.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment