I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Friday 3 June 2011

365 books in 365 days Challenge ... book #65



A Spanish Awakening - Kim Lawrence
Mills and Boon Modern
Harlequin Mills and Boon, 2011
ISBN: 9780263886474




My rating




From the back cover:

"Twenty-four-hour seduction...
In the chaos of an airport strike, Madrid's most sought-after bachelor Emilio Rios stumbles across old flame Megan Armstrong. In the past he bowed to duty and married the 'right' woman - leaving the less sophisticated Megan on the sidelines. Staying away from Megan has been the hardest thing Emilio's ever done, but now that he's free he isn't going to waste a single minute!
He's got twenty-four hours - plenty of time for a full seduction...
One Night In...A night with these men is never enough!"


This was another book that I bought for my kindle but forgot about! The back cover blurb sounded really exciting, unfortunately the story, while enjoyable, just didn't live up to it.

The story beings with the hero Emilio going to pick his ex wife up from the airport. When he gets there he sees the heroine Megan, the sister of one of his friends and also the girl he fell in love with a few years back. At the time Emilio was stuck in a marriage of convenience and by the time he was free Megan was involved with someone else, or so he thought. Megan is stuck in Madrid to a strike and Emilio offers her a place to stay, Megan is initially reluctant to accept as she believes Emilio doesn't like her, and when he kisses her she thinks it is in order to make his ex wife jealous. Emilio knows that his offer is a front to him finally getting a chance to be with Megan and he is determined to seduce her.

As I said earlier the blurb made this sound really exciting, I was expecting more chaos, perhaps the characters being trapped in the airport... I don't know, maybe I have watched too many episodes of 24! The whole back story of Emilio and Megan's love was just a load of misunderstandings and assumptions, that could have been resolved with just a few words. Megan was a bit annoying as a character, a bit hysterical and written with too little self esteem. Emilio's character saved this book, he was strong and confident with principles and a caring side.

It was enjoyable, but I did find it a bit of a let down.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment